Rapala has been the world’s favorite fishing lure since 1936. Today, Rapala lures, knives, tools and accessories are trusted by fishermen in over 140 countries worldwide. Rapala’s reputation stems from a towering list of world record catches, the knowledge of our Pro Anglers and a history of unwavering dedication to quality. Each and every Rapala lure is still hand-tuned and tank-tested to assure it has the Rapala trademark swimming action that big fish can’t resist.
• The correct pronunciation of Rapala is Răp-a-la.
• Sold in over 140 countries around the world.
• World’s leading brand of fishing lures.
• Manufacture approx. 15 million lures a year.
• Rapala lures are responsible for more IGFA world records than any other lure brand in history.
• Rapala is the only company in the world to mass produce fishing lures made of wood (balsa).
• Each Rapala lure with a swimming lip is individually hand-tuned and tank-tested for perfect swimming action.
• Each Rapala lure features up to 12 coats of durable paint and epoxy.
• 1936 Lauri Rapala makes his first lure out of cork.